Please Visit Our Website!

Family 1st Books invites you to visit our upgraded website at www.family1stbooks.com! Check out our parenting blog titled, "Parenting, the Ultimate Relationship Challenge."


Monday, January 18, 2010

Do Nice Guys Finish Last?


I know a guy who seems to do many of the things good lovers do when they are dating. He respects his date, is attentive and loving, focuses on her wishes and needs, notices what she likes and provides it. He even writes funky edgy poetry to her if he really likes her. He is one of those rare men who tries to do everything right.

He says, "I'm not sure women really want a "nice" guy. I think many women want a man who is a challenge, a man they can "tame". Sometimes I think women take advantage of a guy like me."

What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Elva, sometimes it seems that way, doesn't it! But I would encourage your friend to not get discouraged and keep an open mind (and eye) regarding the type of woman he's looking for. Sometimes, we have an idea of what we WANT in a partner based on externals (looks, hair, figure, outgoing personality, etc.); but maybe what we NEED is wrapped in a different package. Don't limit yourself to preconceived ideas, and the right one will come along when you least expect it.

    Loved your post about your husband and the cards, too. My hubby isn't a card person either, but he knows I am so always picks out cards with beautiful pictures and lovely verses. Nice to have met you through the WITS Valentine blog chain.

    ReplyDelete