Please Visit Our Website!

Family 1st Books invites you to visit our upgraded website at www.family1stbooks.com! Check out our parenting blog titled, "Parenting, the Ultimate Relationship Challenge."


Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Monty and Julie Flanagan High School Sweethearts


We met in 1966. I was a sophomore and Julie was a freshman at Sanger High. We were the only two viola players in the orchestra. We began going steady. I wondered when we would break up, because we never argued. I finally decided she was the one in the second year of Jr. College. We have been married 37 years. We have been completely devoted to meeting each others needs with God's help.

I started working at age 11 and I became a workaholic and couldn't stop no matter how hard I tried. I got sick and was put on permanent Social Security Disability. Now Julie has me every day and never seems to get tired of my being around.

I like too many things about being married to try to list--cherishing, loving, needing, being together. Most of all we enjoy being one with each other and with God. Sort of like a trinity.

No comments:

Post a Comment