Please Visit Our Website!

Family 1st Books invites you to visit our upgraded website at www.family1stbooks.com! Check out our parenting blog titled, "Parenting, the Ultimate Relationship Challenge."


Thursday, September 29, 2011

Provide Safety for Love to Grow


People base reality on their own thoughts and perceptions. We cannot change the world or another person. We can change how we see the world and another person. For love to grow, you must provide safety to the person you love.

Good self-talk can help you let go of judgment. Here are examples from my book, "Becoming Soul Mates--How to Create the Relationship You Always Dreamed Of".

  • People behave in ways that make sense to them.
  • My partner and I are different--gender, personality, background, values, perceptions, fears, etc.
  • We are together to learn from each other. What can I learn from this?
  • I don't have to be right to feel okay.
  • I am free to decide to see my partner and what he/she does or says with love rather than fear.
  • I am responsible for my own happiness.
  • Many things are not wrong or right. They are just different. We can agree to disagree.
  • I choose to move from reactive to healing dialogue.

No comments:

Post a Comment