Please Visit Our Website!

Family 1st Books invites you to visit our upgraded website at www.family1stbooks.com! Check out our parenting blog titled, "Parenting, the Ultimate Relationship Challenge."


Wednesday, June 18, 2014

1862 David Wally's Resort Carson Valley Nevada




Peace in the Valley

When I was a little girl, I heard a barber shop quartet sing an old hymn called, "Peace in the Valley." I remember the bass singer singing the last line of the song, "There will be peace in the valley some day." Coming to our timeshare at 1862 David Wally's Resort reminds me of that song. Sitting on the deck of the Aurora Building at Wally's Hot Springs, I marvel at the variety of birds at home here. All sizes and colors, they sing hidden in tree foliage. They hop merrily across the grass or soar in the sky. One year a robin made its nest near the second floor balcony. The verdant Carson Valley show-cases the life cycles of many varieties of nature. It is a nature lover's paradise.   


This week gave us a great gift of the kind of weather natives described as perfect weather. Lounging on pool side chairs after sitting in hot mineral pools with interesting people from faraway places brought sheer pleasure. I feel fortunate to get away from the pressures of the city and find peace in the valley with my lover.

< />

No comments:

Post a Comment