Please Visit Our Website!

Family 1st Books invites you to visit our upgraded website at www.family1stbooks.com! Check out our parenting blog titled, "Parenting, the Ultimate Relationship Challenge."


Monday, March 23, 2009

What Is the Secret to Long-term Relationship?


I asked this question to a group of couples who had been married 40 years or longer. Many of them attributed their long-term marriages to faith. Also, high on the list were similar values, commitment, sense of humor, showing affection and saying "I love you" often.

Here were some of the other responses:
--talk about disagreements. Don't lose your temper.
--compassion
--give 150% each
--do your share
--cherish each other
--trust
--fight fair

One man said, "I used as my guide--I don't want to have to say some day, I wish that-----" What do you think is the secret to long-term relationship?

No comments:

Post a Comment