Please Visit Our Website!

Family 1st Books invites you to visit our upgraded website at www.family1stbooks.com! Check out our parenting blog titled, "Parenting, the Ultimate Relationship Challenge."


Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Don't Choose A Lover Like You Would A Horse


Shortly after we married, when Everett felt loving one day he told me how much he loved me. He began listing all of the things I can do. Then, looking very pleased with himself, he said, "A man has to choose a wife just like he would choose a horse. You look in his mouth and see how good his teeth are."

Horrified, I wouldn't talk to him for the rest of the day. He couldn't understand why I reacted to his "compliment" that way. After 54 years of marriage we both laugh at his naivety. A woman wants to believe she is attractive to her lover. She doesn't feel special just because she is "nice" or "competent". She wants him to think she is beautiful, sexy, and desirable.

No comments:

Post a Comment