Please Visit Our Website!

Family 1st Books invites you to visit our upgraded website at www.family1stbooks.com! Check out our parenting blog titled, "Parenting, the Ultimate Relationship Challenge."


Sunday, April 26, 2015

Kauai Coast Resort--Everett's Version



The idea of Elva and I both writing about our getaway to Kauai didn't appeal to me at first. We have been to Kauai before, but this was different. We had a suite overlooking the ocean near Wailua at the Kauai Coast Resort. We have always enjoyed the ocean. I often say the waves rolling in on the beach and going back out to the sea are like a mental massage that takes our cares away. We sit on our balcony, feel the cool ocean breeze and watch the waves relentlessly wash up on the shore.



It is a place like this where we talk to each other the most and share our inner feelings. On this trip I finished "The Story" which is a condensation of the entire Bible. I also read Elva's book, "Becoming Soul Mates" from cover to cover. I had read parts of it before. I am amazed at how close we've become over the last 60 years. I can hardly believe I was ever as young as I was when some of the things she wrote about happened. It has been good to refresh my memories. I am very glad Elva said yes to me when I proposed to her so long ago. Getaways are wonderful!!

1 comment:

  1. You have such an insightful blog. Thanks for sharing. Reading blogs, especially self-help, personal and leadership blogs, is my hobby and I randomly found your blog and we both share common interest. Connect with me, if you like, and let us explore our common interest. I enjoyed reading your posts. Interesting! All the best for your future blogging journey.

    ReplyDelete