Please Visit Our Website!

Family 1st Books invites you to visit our upgraded website at www.family1stbooks.com! Check out our parenting blog titled, "Parenting, the Ultimate Relationship Challenge."


Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Poetry, Weddings, and Renewal


The ocean rushed toward me purring
Playful white caps danced on its surface
or pretended to spout like whales.

As I lay watching on the window seat
the ocean filled my ears and I fell asleep
as the purring became a part of me.

After reading Poet Frances Kakugama's book, "Teacher You Look Like a Horse", I have been motivated to write poetry again. Sea Ranch spawns poetry, weddings, and renewal. Whenever we come here in the spring, Everett finds a bride and groom to gift with my book, "Becoming Soul Mates". We gave 2 books away this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment